Chris L. Keller's featured work
As KPCC set out to analyze how often on-duty police officers and sheriff's deputies in Los Angeles County shot another person, one thing became clear. This isn't data you can simply look up. So we built our own dataset.
Fire Tracker, KPCC's tool for following & researching California wildfires, contains fire information displayed by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection -- also known as CalFire.
How Steve Bannon became the face of a political movement with roots in Los Angeles
Steve Bannon is among the leaders of a movement raised in West L.A. that found its voice in online media and worked its way into the White House. And while Bannon's tenure in the West Wing has come to an end, the movement and infrastructure he is part of shows no sign of slowing. Here are its origins.
- 3 seconds from stop to shots: The events that led to Ezell Ford's death
- Family of Ezell Ford reaches conditional settlement in fatal police shooting case
- Sand Fire: Inside the 'camp in a box' pop-up city that wildland firefighters call home
- San Bernardino Shooting update: Rifles used in attack were modified to be illegal
- LA agrees to $4 million settlement in fatal Venice police shooting of homeless black man
- FAQ: The California assault weapons ban
- Huntington Memorial Hospital expands list of patients to be alerted about dirty medical scopes
- Officers who shot Ezell Ford will not be charged criminally; DA says they acted in self-defense
- 2 years later, shooting of Ezell Ford still mired in controversy
- Data on police shootings is improving but challenges remain
- Bash script to download file from FTP
- Build a flat json file for handlebars.js template
- Creating a FOIA script
- Manual sync Google spreadsheet to Fusion Tables
- Recipe for Calibre news download